Updated 17 December 2017
This year, we are making some minor changes to the application process for dancers in an effort to simplify the application process. Linked to this post will be a word document that can be downloaded and saved to your computer and filled in. The blanks provided on the document can be typed in to include the information required, and the checkboxes for the dances can be clicked on to mark an “X” for the dances your dancer would like to attend. Once completed the document can be “saved as” in Word under your dancers first and last name (i.e. John, Doe) and emailed back to the club email for registration. For each dancer please fill in a separate document which can then be added as an attachment to the email when sent in. If you prefer to fill the document out in a paper copy then the document can be opened in word and simply printed off from there to be filled in and brought to Dr. Isman School where Brandi can collect them.
The club email is firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any concerns with the document’s operation for you please contact me at email@example.com and I will assist with any issue with the documents.
In 8 short days, our 2017-2018 dance season will be finished! This final week is extremely busy, and we are running on an altered schedule.
Download the Dance Recital Week – Schedule 2018, which includes the photo order forms you’ll need for Tuesday, April 24.
Here’s our Final newsletter of the season! It’s an important one, containing costuming info for recital, as well as our competition results, and a new schedule for dance photos on April 24th!!
Both Shayla & Dylan will be holding make up classes on Thursday, April 5. Originally, no classes were scheduled for this week due to Easter break. Please carefully read this schedule as it is not the same as your usual schedule, and the instructors will be swapping between the basement and the stage.
Shayla’s Schedule (make up for March 5)
B = Basement, S = Stage
(B) 11:00 – 11:30 Beginner Hip Hop
(B) 11:30 – 12:00 Junior Hip Hop
(B) 12:00 – 12:30 Senior Musical Theatre
(B) 12:30 – 1:00 Inter Ballet
(B) 1:00 – 1:40 Inter Hip Hop
(B) 1:40 – 2:20 Inter Jazz
(S) 2:20 – 2:50 Junior Tap
(S) 2:50 – 3:30 Inter Tap
(S) 3:30 – 4:15 Senior Tap
Dylan’s Schedule (addition to March 22)
S = Stage, B = Basement
(S) 11:00 – 11:45 Senior Jazz
(S) 11:45 – 12:30 Beginner Tap/Ballet
(S)12:30 – 1:00 Senior Lyrical
(S) 1:00 – 1:30 Acro
(S) 1:30 – 2:15 Combo
(B) 2:20 – 2:50 Senior Ballet
(B) 2:50 – 3:15 Junior Ballet
(B) 3:15 – 3:45 Junior Jazz
(B) 3:45 – 4:15 Junior/Inter MT
Our final competition of the 2018 season is the Showcase Invitational Competition. It is held at the Regina Performing Arts Centre (1077 Angus Street) on Thursday, April 12 to Sunday, April 15.
Tips and tricks:
- It can sometimes be difficult to find parking during the busy sessions. Please account for this when figuring out how much time you need prior to your arrival (dressed & ready) time.
- DO NOT PARK in the lots of the neighbouring businesses. YOU WILL BE TOWED. Plan to park on the residential streets and having to walk a couple blocks. There is some parking on the south side of the building, but it fills up fast.
- There is food on site, and Red Lobster is within walking distance if you have a longer break and don’t want to give up a parking spot.
- No dads are permitted in the dressing room area, and no moms are permitted in the boys’ change room.
- The dressing room area is HOT and HUMID and very crowded. Keep track of your stuff, and label everything you can. If you can avoid bringing in your rack and roll, it will help save floor space, especially during the evening and Saturday sessions.
- Dancers will need to check in upon arrival. Go downstairs to the dressing room area (turn left when you go in the doors), and there is a check in table there. Dancers will get a ribbon to allow them entry into the auditorium.
There’s some amazing performances at this competition, so if you have the time, be sure to watch the other clubs dance! Have a great time 🙂
Due to adverse weather and travel conditions, all of Shayla’s dance classes are cancelled for Monday, March 5.